Recently I sent an, (on-topic), email to a public mailing list that exists for the discussion of network management. Shortly after I received the following, (edited to protect the stupid).
We have enabled a Spam (Unsolicited e-mails) filtering software package in an attempt to reduce unsolicited e-mails. The following e-mail was blocked because our filter detected an improper word or phrase. See the Rule section below for the word or phrase that stopped the transmission of the message. Rule = Spam;Bulk Email;Bulk Email Product/Service;Products/Services__3;Penis Enlargement;Penis Enlargement Terms
My install of Spamassassin, (default configuration on Debian unstable), gave this same mail a score of -4.9, (definitely NOT spam), so I sifted through it manually. Out of 151 lines and 986 words, (minus headers of course), I could only find two words that by any stretch of the imagination could contribute to the rejection, the words "performance" and "response", (remember, this is a mailing list pertaining to network management).
Not only does this win the prize for the most crack-headed bit of content filtering that I've seen to date, but on top of that, they take it once step further and email the product of their stupidity to the person they *think* has sent the UCE. Considering how prevalent it is for real spammers to forge the sender address, the only people likely to even see it are either the victims of a false positive, or the victim of a JoeJob. Dumb-asses.
A new ucarp package has been created to address #284891, (parameter order of upscript/downscript breaks ucarp). I hope to get an upload sponsored soon, but in the meantime they can be snagged from my repository by anyone interested.
Brad Hall pushed out a new upstream release of asmon and I have updated my package. For the most part this release just includes patches already applied to 0.60 in Sarge. Until a sponsored upload happens, 0.70-1 can be obtained from my repository.